TOO & ENOUGH
PART A: Put in words from the box together with enough.
big Champaign clever good hard
time confidence friends old money
1. "In art the best is ____________________" Goethe says.
2. I never had ____________________ when I was young; now I never have ____________________.
3. This room isn't ____________________ for both of us.
4. Helen hasn't got ____________________ to play with.
5. Robert is not ____________________ to travel by himself.
6. There was ____________________ to give everybody a glass.
7. If you work ____________________, you don't have to be very clever.
8. She was ____________________ to do anything she wanted, but she didn't have ____________________ to try.
1. good enough
2. enough money/enough time
3. big enough
4. enough friends
5. old enough
6. enough Champaign
7. hard enough
8. clever enough/enough confidence
PART B: Complete the sentences with too/enough and words from the list.
clean / people / swim
fast / police / catch
muddy / them / see
old / take
spicy / children / eat
quietly / me / hear
tired / understand
well / listen
well / decide
1. The meal was ____________________________________________.
2. Sue is not _______________________________ the dog for a walk.
3. They were speaking _____________________what they were saying.
4. Near some beaches, the sea is not _________________________ in.
5. There's someone out there, but I can't see ______________________ if it's Emily.
6. The water was ____________________________________ anything.
7. I'll work on this tomorrow - I'm ________________________ it tonight.
8. I don't understand English _____________________ to Australian radio.
9. He drove ____________________________________________ him.
1. too spicy for the children to eat
2. old enough to take
3. too quietly for me to hear
4. clean enough for people to swim
5. well enough to decide
6. too muddy for them to see
7. too tired to understand
8. well enough to listen
9. too fast for the police to catch