27 Ekim 2009 Salı

Conditional Sentences "if"

PRACTICE 3-SELFSTUDY: Conditional sentences, past time. (Chart 10-4)
Directions: Complete the sentences with the words in parentheses. All of the sentences to complete are "contrary to fact."
1. I'm sorry you had to take a cab to the airport. I didn't know you needed a ride. If you (tell)
had told me, I (rim) would have given you a ride gladly.
2. You made a lot of unnecessary mistakes in your composition. If you (use)........a dictionary to check your spelling, you (receive) a better grade.
3. A: Shh! Your father is taking a nap. Oh-oh. You woke him up.
B: Gee, I'm sorry, Mom. If I (realize)...........he was sleeping, I (make,
not......... so much noise when I came in. But how was I supposed to
know?
4.Many people were not satisfied with the leader after he took office. If they (know)
............more about his planned economic programs, they (vote, not)...............
for him.
5. Last night Alex ruined his sweater when he washed it. If he (read).......the
label, he (wash, not)..........it in hot water.
6. A: Ever since I broke my foot, I haven't been able to get down to the basement to wash my clothes.
B: Why didn't you say something? I (come)..........over and (wash)...........
them for you if you (ask)..............me.
A: I know you (come)..........ight away if I (call)
........you. I guess I just didn't want to bother you.
B: Nonsense! What are good neighbors for?
7.A: Oh, no! I've lost it!
B: Lost what?
A: The address for my job interview this afternoon. I wrote it on a match book.
B: A match book! If you (write)............. the address in your appointment
book where it belongs, you (lose, not)........it. When are you going to
get organized?
8. A: Ann, (you, take) that job if you (know)......... that you had to work nights? B: No way. I had no idea I'd have to work the late night hours they've had me working.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder