28 Ekim 2009 Çarşamba

Sayılamayan İsimler "uncountable nouns"

EXERCISE (UNCOUNTABLE)

A- Choose the most suitable form of the word underlined.

1. Different countries have different weather/weathers.
2. All areas of the skin are covered in tiny hair/hairs.
3. We’ve looked at the menu and we’d like chicken/chickens.
4. Jack is a millionaire and owns a lot of business/businesses.
5. Have you got a copy of the complete work/works.
6. None of the passengers had insured their baggage/baggages.
7. There will be thunder and lightning/thunders and lightnings.
8. Students must pass their paper/papers here.
9. I’d like coffee, toast/toasts, and marmalade/marmalades, please.

B- Put a/an/some/ into the spaces.

1. I can’t come out tonight. I have ................homework to do.
2. What shall we do tomorrow evening? How about ................dancing?
3. There is ...........very beautiful countryside near here.
4. Sue received ...............excellent education.
5. My friends bought me .................coffee maker for my birthday.
6. David has just bought ............... new furniture.
7. Let me give you ...........advice.
8. The building is strenghtened with ..................steel frame.
9. My trousers need pressing. Can you lend me ....................iron?

C- Circle the best answer.

1. I like your new trousers. Where did you buy .......?
a- it b- them c- them both d- them all
2. There is always a very large ......... at the church.
a- congregation b- audience c- spectator d- company
3. The local ........has agreed to repair the road.
a- government b- people c- council d- jury
4. When the police arrived, we were pleased to see............ .
a- him b- him or her c- it d- them
5. We had an accident and the car turned over, but luckly it didn’t have serious.......
a- damage b- injury c- damages d- injuries
6. Sorry, I’m late, but I had a lot of ........to do.
a- job b- work c- task d- labour
7. Julie bought herself a complete new ........ for winter.
a- outfit b- cloth c- clothing d- wear
8. I feel like going out tonight. Let’s go to a/an.......... .
a- dancing b- night c- club d- entertainment
9. Thanks for a great weekend. We really had a/an ................ .
a- fun b- enjoyment c- hospitality d- good time

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder