EXERCISE 2: Make sentences using A LITTLE and A FEW as in the example.
Ex. knives : There are a few knives on the shelf.
tea : There is a little tea on the shelf.
1. sugar 3. bottles 5. dishes 7. milk 9. flour
2. money 4. jam 6. coffee 8. spoons 10. lemonade
EXERCISE 3: Choose the correct word.
1. How (much, many) slices of toast would you like ?
2. Only (few, a few) decades ago, most people did not have TV sets.
3. I have (little, a little) money left. I can go to the movies.
4. It wasn't a very strong storm. (Few, a few) trees were damaged.
5. There were very (many, much) people on the cruise ship.
EXERCISE 4: Change these sentences to the negative, using MUCH or MANY.
Ex. There were a lot of students in the garden.
There weren't many students in the garden.
1. We have had a lot of trouble. 4. The building has a lot of windows.
2. She takes a lot of medicine. 5. They have lots of money.
3. She buys lots of toys. 6. I receive a lot of letters.