EXERCISE 1: Put FEW, A FEW, A LOT OF, MANY, MUCH, LITTLE, and A LITTLE in place of the underlined expressions.
1. There are a large number of skyscrapers in the world today.
2. There isn't a large amount of space in our room.
3. Because of my bad eyes, I can't read a large number of novels any more.
4. Helen drinks a large amount of coffee everyday.
5. You have made a considerable number of mistakes in your composition.
6. Most people in the world today can only eat a small amount of food.
7. She doesn't put a large quantify of salt on her food.
8. She buys a very small number of expensive clothes.
9. There is a very small amount of dust in the air.