14 Ekim 2009 Çarşamba

For/Since

PART C: Complete the sentences with for or since.
1. I haven’t seen Kevin ______ a while.
2. He’s been in America ______ June.
3. He works for a company called P&G. He has worked for them ______ several years.
4. He and his wife have lived next to me ______ their son, Thomas, was born.
5. I have known them ______ many years.
6. We have been friends ______ we were at university together.
7. His wife, Cathy, is a designer. She has had her own studio ______ six months.
8. I’m looking after Thomas today. He’s been at my house ______ 9.00 this morning.

PART C:
1. for
2. since
3. for
4. since
5. for
6. since
7. for
8. since
9. PRESENT PERFECT

Kate : Have you ever ...been.......( be ) to New York?
Sophie: New York? No I've never ....been...... there. Have you?
Kate: Yes. In fact I've just .....come.....( come ) back from there. I'm doing some consultancy work there and I've ...spent......(spend ). at least six weeks there in the last year.
Sophie: That sounds fabulous. Have you ......gone up....( go up ) to the top of the Empire State Building?
Kate No, I ....haven’t ......(have ) yet. I haven't ....taken.....( take ). the ferry to Ellis Island either. I've just ....had to......( have to ) work so hard. Though I have .....had.....( have ) dinner at Sardi's and ....seen.....( see ) a Broadway show.
10. PRESENT PERFECT

Simon: Have you .....finished.....( finish ) that report yet?
Lindsey: Sorry, Simon, I …..haven’t.......(have ). . I've ....beeen......( be ) very busy, you know. I've ....had to...... ( have to ) produce figures for the budget forecast for Head Office and I've ...been.......( be ) off ill as well.
Simon: Well I haven't exactly ...been sleeping.......( sleep ) either you know. I've never ....had......( have ) as much work on as at present. I haven't .. had.......( have )........ a weekend off for months. I need that report urgently.
Lindsey: It's as I've just …said ..(say ) . I haven't ... had.......( have ) time to do it yet.
Fill in the gaps with recently, how long, Put the verbs in brackets into the correct
yet, always, ever, already, since or never. form of the present perfect simple.
1 A: ...How long... has she been an air hostess? 1 A: Have you ever given an interview?
B: she left school. B: No, I ...have never done... (never/do) that.
2 A: Jonathan has moved house 2 A: What time does the train leave?
B: What's his new address? B: It (just/leave)
3 A: I can't phone you. I haven't got a phone 3 A: Is the new restaurant good?
B: Well, I'll come to your house instead. B: I (not/eat) there yet,
4 A: Has she finished her homework ? 4 A: Shall I do the shopping now?
B: Yes. She's finished it. B: No, I (already/do) it.
5 A: He eats a lot of vegetables, doesn't he? 5 A: Julia, are you ready?
B: Yes. He's liked vegetables. B: No, I (not/dry) my hair yet
6 A: Have you been to China? 6 A: Would you like to have lunch with me?
B: No, I have been there. B: No, thanks. I (already/eat)

Fill in the gaps with have/has been (to) or Fill in the gaps with have/has been (to) or
have/has gone (to). have/has gone (to).
1 'Where are Tom and Lucy?' They ...have gone to... A: Hi, Roger! Where is everybody? The house is very quiet
the theatre.' B: Well, Mum 1) .....has gone to... the cinema with Mavis
2 I don't live in London. I only A: How about your sister?
there once. B: She's having a shower right now because she
3 I am alone in the house. My parents 2) the gym.
on holiday. A: I 3) the gym
4 'Is Philip at home?' 'No, he twice this week. It's really exhausting.
work.' B: As for Dad, he 4)
5 My friend wants us to go on holiday to Madrid this the library to get some books.
summer, but I already there. A: So, how about going to that new cafe that's just
6 Anita has just come home. She opened near the park?
the theatre. B: Oh, I 5) there. It isn't that great.
7 'Where are Julia and Dave?' They Why don't we call Steve and go to the basketball court?
the sports centre with their friends.' A: Okay, let's do that instead.

Complete each sentence with two to five words, including the word in bold.
1 Kate hasn't phoned her mother for a week.
phoned The last time ...Kate phoned her mother was... a week ago.
2 They have never visited Vienna before.
time It's the ..........................................Vienna.
3 It's a long time since I ate out.
for I .............................................a long time.
3 Roger hasn't played tennis for six weeks.
played The last time......................................... tennis was six weeks ago.
5 It's years since Mr Smith went on holiday.
has Mr Smith ................................................. for years.
7 John hasn't been to his country house since Easter.
went The last time John ................................ was at Easier.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder