15 Ekim 2009 Perşembe

Reflexive Pronouns

REFLEXIVE PRONOUNS
PART A: Fill in the blanks with the suitable reflexive pronouns.
1. No one is going to help us, so we’ll have to do it __________ .
2. Valerie always cuts her hair _____________, and it always looks great.
3. Remzi _______________ is quite friendly, but the rest of his family is very
cold.
4. Did you know that the Browns built their house ________________?
5. I don’t trust anyone else to do my accounts; I always do them _________.
6. I went to see the gardens, but the palace ______________ was closed.
7. Sarah’s children are too young to look after _________________.
8. A tiger hurt _________________ when it tried to get out of the zoo yesterday.
9. I couldn’t borrow my father’s car last night because he was using it ____________.
10. Mr. Gere fell over and hurt _____________when he was running for a bus.
PART A:
1. ourselves 6. itself
2. herself 7. themselves
3. himself 8. itself
4. themselves 9. himself
5. myself 10.himself
PART B: Last Wednesday Sarah stayed up very late to revise for an examination. Sarah is explaining what happened last Wednesday night. Complete what she says by adding myself where necessary.
“ I was really annoyed with _____________(1) for leaving all my revision to the last minute , so I decided to stay up and work. At first, I felt _______________(2) fine and I even started to congratulate _______________(3) on all the work I was doing. But at about 4 o’clock in the morning I started to feel ______________(4) tired. I went to the kitchen and made _______________(5) a strong black coffee. Then I went back to work, but I couldn’t concentrate _____________(6). In the end, I started to feel sorry for _______________(7), so I went to my bedroom, undressed ______________(8) and went to bed to get some sleep. Then, of course, I couldn’t relax _______________(9) because I couldn’t stop thinking about all the work I had to do!”
PART B:
1. myself 6. ___
2. ___ 7. myself
3. myself 8. ___
4. ___ 9. ___
5. myself
PART C: Put in myself, yourself etc or me, you etc.
1. Veronica bought a book and taught ________________ to play the guitar.
2. Andrew fell and hurt _______________ yesterday.
3. The computer will turn _______________ off if you don’t use it.
4. We looked at _____________ in the mirror to check our makeup.
5. Don’t pay any attention to ____________ - he always complains.
6. How much time do you give _______________ to drive to school?
7. Barbara can’t afford to buy _______________ a new car, so her dad’s going to buy one for _______________.
8. Who gave ______________ those lovely flowers?
9. It hurt _______________ when I realised Sue wasn’t going to phone me.
PART C:
1. herself 6. yourself
2. himself 7. herself/her
3. itself 8. you
4. ourselves 9. me
5. him
PART D: Complete the sentences using the correct pronoun or adjective. (I, you…,his, her….,myself, yourself…..)
1. ___________house is much bigger than ____________. (they/we)
2. Is this book _____________ or _____________?(you /I)
3. ‘Is Lynne going on holiday with _____________ friend?’ ‘No, _____________’s going by ______________ .’ (she/she/she)
4. How long have _____________ been waiting for _____________? (they/we)
5. Don’t blame _____________; _____________ wasn’t ____________ mistake.(you/it/you)
6. _____________ was very angry with _____________ for being so stupid. (I/I)
7. ______________ was very angry with _____________ when ______________ broke ______________ camera. (he/I/I/he)
8. Someone came to see _______________ while _______________ were out. ______________ told ____________ that _____________ would be back at 3 o’clock. (you/you/I/they/you)
9. ‘Who painted ____________ flat?’ ‘Nobody. _____________ painted it ______________. (you/we/we)
10. ______________’s a coincidence that ______________ birthday is on the same day as ______________. (it/he/she)

PART D:
1. their/ours 6.I/myself
2. yours/mine 7. He/me/I/his
3. her/she/herself 8. you/you/I/them/you
4. they/us 9. your/We/ourselves
5. yourself/it/your 10.it/his/hers

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder