14 Ekim 2009 Çarşamba

Have been doing

 Write two sentences about what these people have been doing.
My mother's coming to stay for a week.
I've been tidying the house.
I've been getting her bedroom ready.
a. They moved into their new house last week.
……………………………………………………..
……………………………………………………
b. Tom is saving up to buy a new car.
………………………………………………….
…………………………………………………
c. I am trying to lose weight.
………………………………………………..
……………………………………………….
 Choosing the correct form
In the following pairs of sentences, one verb form is right and one is wrong. Put a tick (/) next to the right one and a cross (X) next to the wrong "one.
Example
I'm hot because I've run!
I'm hot because I've been running!
a. I've cut my finger!
I've been cutting my finger!
b. Have you heard Paul Simon's latest record?
Have you been hearing Paul Simon's latest record?
c. She's tired because she's shopped all day.
She's tired because she's been shopping all day.
d. Sorry. I've broken one of your glasses,
Sorry. I've been breaking one of your glasses.
e. How long have you had this book?
How long have you been having this book?
f. They live here for three years.
They've been living here for three years.
Put in the present perfect progressive or simple.
1 That man ………………………………….(stand) outside for hours.
2 The castle ……………………………………(stand) on that hill for 900 years.
3 Ann …………………………..(garden) all afternoon. She …………..(plant) a lot of rose bushes.
4 James ………………………….(go) out every night this week.
5 He ……………………………….(see) a lot of Alexandra recently.
6 How long …………………………………(you wait)?
7 I…………………………………………. (wait) long enough. I'm going.
8 Her family…………………………………………… (farm) this land since the tenth century.
9 She …………………………………(only farm) for two years, but she's doing very well.

10 I ……………………………………….(learn) German for six years.
11 I …………………………………………..(learn) most of the irregular verbs.
12 My mother ………………………………….(do) all her Christmas shopping.
13 I ……………………………………………..(do) Christmas shopping all day.
14 I…………………………………………… (clean) the car. Doesn't it look nice?
'You look tired.' 'I …………………………………….(wash) clothes all day.'

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder