15 Ekim 2009 Perşembe

Past Continuous-Simple Past Tense

1- FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE CORRECT FORM OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS PAST SIMPLE AND PAST CONTINUOUS
1- I ………………………..(eat) when Betty …………………….(come).
2- When I ………(meet) him, he ……………..(talk) to his maths teacher.
3- While the kids …………………(sleep) the thieves ……………….(enter) the house and they ………………..(steal) lots of things.
4- Jack ………………(cut) his finger while he ………………..(cut) the meat.
5- My father ……………….(paint) the wall when he ……………….(fall off) the ladder.
6- When I …………….(get up) this morning my parents …………………(have) breakfast.
7- I …………………(phone) the police at once when I …………………(see) the accident.
8- I …………………(see) the men who ………………..(kill) the famous singer the other day while I …………………(drive) to my office.
9- They ………………..(watch) TV when they ……………………(hear) the cries.
10- My grandmother……………..(show ) us her old photographs when we …………….(go) to visit her.
11- When the school bell …………………(ring) we ………………(play) in the garden.
12- David ………………….(have) a shower when there ………………(be) a power cut.
13- The students ………………….(fight) in the class when the teacher …………….(come) in.
14- ………………………..(you/ find) the car keys while you …………………….(clean) my room.?
15- When the farmer …………………..(dig) in the field he ………………..(find) some gold coins.
B- WHAT WERE THEY DOING?
Yesterday evening at 9.00 Chris visited Jennifer Parker, a new friend and her family.
When Chris rang the door bell,
1- Mr Parker …………………………………………………….(watch/ football match / TV)
2- Mrs Parker ……………………………………………………(wash / the dishes)
3- Jennifer.2s brother, Jimmy ………………………………..(do/ science project / his room)
4- Jennifer ……………………………………….(talk / phone / friend)
5- Their dog, Rex …………………………………(sleep / sofa)
3- JOIN EACH IDEA IN COLUMN A WITH THE MOST SUITABLE IDEA IN COLUMN B. WRITE SENTENCES USING ‘WHEN’ OR ‘WHILE’ AND THE PAST CONTINUOUS OR PAST SIMPLE OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS.
A B

* I (break) my leg * The visitors (arrive)
*She (have) an accident * He (paint ) the walls
* My car (break down) * she (see) a shark
* I (drive) down the hill * I (drive) football
* She (swim) in the see * She (drive) back home from the office
* There (be) a fight * I (see) a spider on the wall
* The baby (sleep) * It (begin) to rain
* I (talk) on the phone * We (watch) the football match
* He (fall) off the ladder * I (meet) those strange people on the road
* They ( wait) for a bus * I (travel) in Finland
* My mother (cook) in the kitchen * The phone (ring)
1- …………I broke my leg while I was playing football.
2- ……………………………………………………………
3- ………………………………………………………………….
4- …………………………………………………………………
5- ………………………………………………………………..
6- …………………………………………………………………….
7- ……………………………………………………………………..
8- …………………………………………………………………….
9- ……………………………………………………………………
10- ……………………………………………………………………
11- ……………………………………………………………………
C- FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE SIMPLE PAST OR THE PAST CONTINUOUS
1- I ………………tennis. It ……………..to rain, and I ……………….home. (play /begin/ go)
2- We ……………..in the first half, but they ……………….twice and …………………( win / score / win)
3- Lucy ………………….her homework. She ………………it, and then she ………………to the cinema. ( do / finish / go)
4- Robert …………………..television. mike ……………..and they ………………….to the park. ( watch / call / go)
5- Linda Cosby …………………..dinner. she …………………….the food, and it burnt. She …………………in a restaurant that night.( cook/ forget / eat)
6- Edward and George ………………………..in the garden. It ………………….to rain, and they ………………………….stop. (work / start / have to )
7- My cousin ……………………..his girl friend in the kitchen. They ……………….salad. suddenly she ………………….her finger. He ……………….some cotton wool. ( help / make / cut / bring)
8- The Watsons ……………………in Turkey. Mr. Watson …………………his leg, and they …………………………….home. (travel / break / return)
9- I ………………………for my friend at the station. A young man ……………….my purse. I …………………….after him, but he ………………………..in the crowd. (wait / steal / run / disappear)
10- A young girl ………………….along the Seine. A large black dog ……………….
. Suddenly it ……………………….her on the leg. ( walk / appear / bite)
11- When I arrived, the class started and the teacher ………………………….(write) something about ‘Past continuous Tense’ on the board.
12- I ……………………..(make) a cake when the lights went out.
13- When Mary entered the hall I …………………(go) out.
14- When I arrived Jane …………………(leave) the office.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder