16 Ekim 2009 Cuma

Yardımcı Fiil Kullanımı

 Directions: Complete the sentences with AUXILIARY VERBS.
PARTI: Auxiliaries after but.
1. Debra reads a lot of books, but her brothers ...don't... .
2. Sam isn't in the school play this year, but Adam ...is... .
3. I will be at home this evening, but my roommate ...................
4. Ducks like to swim, but chickens................. .
5. That phone doesn't work, but this one................ .
6. Joe is at home, but his parents..................... .
7. I can't swim, but my dog...................... .
8. Jack has visited my home, but Linda.................... .
9. I'm not going to graduate this year, but my best friend .
10. My dog crawls under the bed when it thunders, but my cat .
PART II: Auxiliaries after and.
11. Debra reads a lot of books, and her sisters ....do.... too.
12. Horses are domesticated animals, and camels................. too.
13. Red isn't a dull color, and orange...................... either.
14. Jack didn't go to the picnic, and Paul .................either.
15. I work at an airplane factory, and my brother................... too.
16. Dick won't work late every evening, and Jean.............. either.
17. Fatima is in class today, and Pedro........... too.
18. I can't sing, and my wife............. either.
Answer:
Part I: Part II:
1. don't 11. do
2. is 12. are
3. won't 13. isn't
4. don't 14. didn't
5. does 15. does
6. aren't 16. won't
7. can 17. is
8. hasn't 18. can't
9. is
10. doesn't
 Directions: Complete the sentences with AUXILIARY VERBS.
1. I like rock music, and my roommate ....does.... too.
2. My son enjoys monster movies, but I.......... .
3. Paul can't speak Spanish, and Larry........ either.
4. My neighbor walks to work every morning, but I................ .
5. Carl can touch his nose with his tongue, but most people............... .
6. I am exhausted from the long trip, and my mother........... too.
7. I don't have a dimple in my chin, but my brother........ .
8. I visited the museum yesterday, and my friend .........too.
9. Water isn't solid, but ice.......... .
10. Clouds aren't solid, and steam............. either.

Answer:
1. does
2. don't
3. can't
4. don't
5. can't
6. is
7. does
8. did
9. is
10. isn't

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder