11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Ending -ing or -ed.

Complete the sentences for each situation. Use the word given + the ending -ing or -ed.
1 The film wasn't as good as we had expected, (disappoint-)
a The film was ………………………..,...
b We were ……………………..... with the film.
2 Diana teaches young children. It's a very hard job but she enjoys it. (exhaust-)
a She enjoys her job but it's often
b At the end of a day's work, she is often
3 It's been raining all day. I hate this weather, (depress-)
a This weather is
b This weather makes me
c It's silly to get because of the weather.
4 Clare is going to the United States next month. She has never been there before, (excit-)
a It will be an experience for her.
b Going to new places is always
c She is really about going to the United States.
Choose the correct word.
1 I was disappointing / disappointed with the film. I had expected it to be better.
2 Are you interesting / interested in football?
3 The football match was quite exciting / excited. I enjoyed it.
4 It's sometimes embarrassing / embarrassed when you have to ask people for money.
5 Do you easily get embarrassing / embarrassed?
6 I had never expected to get the job. I was really amazing / amazed when I was offered it.
7 She has really learnt very fast. She has made astonishing / astonished progress.
8 I didn't find the situation funny. I was not amusing / amused.
9 It was a really terrifying / terrified experience. Afterwards everybody was very shocking /

10 Why do you always look so boring / bored? Is your life really so boring / bored?
11 He's one of the most boring / bored people I've ever met. He never stops talking and he
never says anything interesting / interested.
Complete the sentences using one of the words in the box.
amusing / amused confusing / confused exhausting / exhausted
annoying / annoyed disgusting / disgusted interesting / interested
boring / bored exciting / excited surprising / surprised
1 He works very hard. It's not ...surprising .... that he's always tired.
2 I've got nothing to do. I'm
3 The teacher's explanation was Most of the students didn't understand it.
4 The kitchen hadn't been cleaned for ages. It was really ,
5 I seldom visit art galleries. I'm not particularly in art.
6 There's no need to get just because I'm a few minutes late.
7 The lecture was I fell asleep.
8 I asked Emily if she wanted to come out with us but she wasn't
9 I've been working very hard all day and now I'm

10 I'm starting a new job next week. I'm quite about it.
11 Tom is very good at telling funny stories. He can be very
12 Liz is a very person. She knows a lot, she's travelled a lot and she's done lots of different things.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder