11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Indirect Speech "dolaylı anlatım"

Put the following into indirect speech.
1 'I have something to show you,' I said to her.
2 'Nothing grows in my garden. It never gets any sun, ' she said.
3 'I'm going away tomorrow, mother,' he said.
4 'I've been in London (or a month but so far I haven't had time to visit the Tower,' said Rupert.
5 'It isn't so foggy today as it was yesterday,' I remarked.
6 'The new underpass is being officially opened the day after tomorrow,' said the BBC announcer.
7 'We have moved into our new flat. We don't like it nearly so much as our last one,' said my aunt.
8 'We have a lift but very often it doesn't work,' they said.
9 'From one of the windows of my flat I can see the Ei ffel Tower,' he said.
10 'I've no idea what the time is but I'll dial 8081 and find out,' said his daughter.
11 He said, 'My wife has just been made a judge.'
12 I'll come with you as soon as I am ready,' she replied.
13 'I have a German lesson this afternoon and I haven't done my homework yet,' said the small boy.
14 'If you let the iron get too hot you will scorch your clothes,' I warned her.
'You haven't given me quite enough. The bill is for £ 14 and you've paid me only £13,' he pointed out.
16 Ann said, 'Englishmen make good husbands because they are nearly always willing to help in the house.'
17 Mary answered, 'I like men to be useful but I don't like them to be too domesticated. 1 prefer them to keep out of the kitchen altogether. Men look silly in aprons anyway.'
18 Motoring report: The new Rolls Royce runs so quietly that all you can hear is the ticking of the clock. Managing director of the Rolls Royce company: In that case we'll have to do something about the clock.
19 'I don't know what to do with all my plums. I suppose I'll have to
make jam. The trouble is that none of us eats jam,' she said.
20 'We like working on Sundays because we get double pay,' explained the builders.
21 Me said, 'I am quite a good cook and I do all my own washing and mending too.'
22 'You can keep that one if you like, Joan,' he said. "I've got plenty of others.'
23 'I'm going fishing with mother this afternoon,' said the small boy. 'and we are going into the garden now to dig for worms.' (Omit now).
24 'You've got my umbrella.' I said crossly. 'Yours is in your bedroom
25 'I know exactly what they said,' the private detective explained to his client, 'because I bugged their phone.'
20 I'll sit up till she comes in, but I hope she won't be late,' he said.
27 'If you give me some wire, I'll hang that picture for you,' said my cousin.
28 'I have a Turkish bath occasionally, but it doesn't seem to make my difference to my weight,' she said.
29 'This is quite a good model, madam. I use one of these myself,' said the salesman.
30 'My new house is supposed to be haunted, but so far I haven't seen any ghosts.' she said.
31 The advertisement said, 'If you answer the questions correctly you. may win £100.'
32 'If I press my ear against the wall, I can hear what the people in the next flat are saying,' he said.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder